Job opening: Somali Producer, Radio ErgoPhoto |
Radio Ergo (RE) is a unique service providing daily humanitarian information to the Somali public disseminated using shortwave broadcasts, FM rebroadcasts, and a website linked to social media. RE manages a network of more than 20 freelance correspondents across Somalia, providing material for the programming. The radio collaborates with NGOs and UN agencies on the development of content.
RE is run by IMS Productions, the local affiliate of International Media Support (www.mediasupport.org). IMS Productions is recruiting a Somali Producer for Radio Ergo. The Somali Producer we are seeking will be a dynamic journalist to work as part of our production team in Nairobi. S/he will report on humanitarian issues, gather material from stringers, and produce and present high quality programming to serve the Somali audience.
- Research and report on humanitarian issues;
- Conduct interviews;
- Liaise with local freelance correspondents;
- Record, edit, mix, and present original radio programming;
- Produce material for the website and social media sites;
- Contribute ideas for programme planning;
- Plan programme cycles;
- Work with the editor and production team on special projects.
- Solid education with a University degree being an advantage;
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in journalism;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Somali and English;
- Good knowledge of the Somali media and wider environment;
- Creativity, determination, curiosity;
- Ability to live and work in Kenya an advantage.
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV with a covering letter outlining qualifications, experience and motivation for applying for this post, addressed to the Editor, Muhyadin Roble firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 25 June 2017
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Warbixinno la xiriira